Thursday, February 23, 2012
Meatball Marinara over Quinoa
Yummy! This was an awesome dinner that we had. Kid friendly and was even a big hit with the adults in the house. Quinoa is such a great source of protein and vitamin B. Here is my other blog about the benefits of quinoa.
The meatballs I make are really easy to make:
- 1lbs ground beef
- 1 cup of crushed saltines or other crackers
- 1/4 cup minced onions
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- a pinch of salt and pepper
* I will use garlic and/or onion powder in a pinch if I don't have the fresh stuff.
*Another ingredient I will throw in there if I have it is fresh basil.
- Mix all ingredients in a big mixing bowl.
- Form raw meat mixture into bite size balls and place on a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until meat is thoroughly cooked.
* You can also throw it in the slow cooker if your are needing to cook your marinara sauce and other items.
- Once meatballs are cooked I layer it over cooked quinoa and pour my marinara sauce over the top.
- Add parmesan cheese on top.
You will love this recipe, and so will your kiddos! Enjoy!