I really love these Strawberry Cake Pops from merrydays.wordpress.com! They are very simple and add
such a great pop of color into any dessert bar. Follow my easy steps to make these cake pops and you
will be golden. You should also check out Merrydays site for other fun ideas too.
Materials you need:
Already made cake
Red chocolate melts
black edible ink pen
green flower shaped sprinkles
lolli pop sticks
6 Easy Steps:
Step 1. Bake a cake. It can be a homemade cake, box cake. whatever flavor whatever color you want.
Step 2. Crumble the cake. After the cake is baked and cooled, you'll want to crumble the cake with your
hands. Make sure to crumble any lumps.
Step 3. Mold the cake into a strawberry shape. Using your hands, form the crumbled cake into a
strawberry shape. Poke the lolli pop sticks into the point of the strawberry shape. Place all the shaped
pieces onto a cookie sheet (do not grease the cookie sheet). Stick the cookie sheet in the freezer for a
couple of hours so that the cake balls are completely frozen.
Step 4. Prepare your chocolate and decorations. While your cake balls are in the freezer, prepare your
also set out your candy sprinkles and edible black ink pen.
chocolate by adding red gel food dye to white chocolate or just use already red chocolate. Make sure to
Step 5. Dip and decorate. Make sure the dipping chocolate is melted to a smooth creamy texture. Hold
the stick and dip each cake ball into the chocolate so that the cake ball is completely submerged in
chocolate. Quickly, before the chocolate dries, add your green candy sprinkle to the top to act as the
leaves on the strawberry. Lay the cake ball onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
Step 6. After all the chocolate is hardened, use your edible black ink pen to add the seeds. If you are not
eating these cake pops soon, you can put them in the refrigerator so that the chocolate won't melt.
1. Make sure you are only dipping the cake balls into the chocolate only once. Dipping multiple times will make the chocolate layer too thick and hard to bite into.
Tips and Tricks:
2. Take the cake pops out of the refrigerator, at least, 30 minutes to an hour before you serve them so that they are not cold when biting into them. You want them to be at room temperature.
3. Your cake pops will not melt if they are in room temperature. So don't leave them in the sun or by a heater.
4. The creamier and smoother the dipping chocolate the better it will look. If the chocolate is clumpy is will go on clumpy.
5. You can also use foam block to allow your cake pops to stand up when drying. This will allow them to dry perfectly to shape rather than with a flat side when you lie them down.
6. You can find most of the supplies at specialty baking stores or craft stores like Michaels and Hobby Lobby
7. Make sure the cake pops are frozen before you dip them into the warm dipping chocolate. This will insure that the cake pops keep their shape and won't fall off the sticks.